View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:48 AM
Senior Chief

The problem is, we have absolutely no expert on such engines where I live and I don't want to go hundrets of miles to a shop in Germany.
I did that once... a engine builder (big shop) built my 428... it was expensive, needed much time and failed after 1,5 years. After that I descided to do everything by myself with the help of a friend who has a shop here (he mainly repairs domestic cars like VW, BMW and also Asian cars which are popular here).
The engine was build to 462cui with the components I listed. I got everything from Butler and trusted them with everything. Runs really good without issues, but my cam choice at the time was not the best.

Long story short... I don't even trust the bigger shops around here and I may just use the Edelbrock springs Butler sells with their kits. I'll ask them on their experience with these springs (I guess they check them if they build an engine).

On the other hand I have some opinions like what Jay S said... that the almost new Lunati springs will work as well which will safe me hours of work and hundrets of dollars.