View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Yeah, not sure how that works, where some have the smell and others don't. I know I had my LeMans venting directly to air with one of those Tanks Inc rattle vents, and not only did that thing leak bad, it smelled bad too, even when it wasn't leaking. Just by hitting the brakes that thing would gush.

I ran the vent line temp to the OE separator and boom, smell gone. And that thing vents to the air.

Same thing on the 442, used a diff rattle vent (which it too leaked), went to the OE setup venting to air and it's good.

I remember doing homework on it and looking for alternate solutions, but didn't think the cost of some of them were 'fair'. Even thought about making one out of an overflow tank, but realized the separator was working for me.

Yep that's pretty much what I've found so it just has me curious how some have a vapor smell issue.

One thing I discovered on those aftermarket rattle vents after talking to a couple people, they had been using them but rather than run a simple line to a high point under the car, they are running a coiled line to it.
So basically the vent line has 4 or 5 coils in it on it's way to the rattle vent. I guess in an attempt to keep raw fuel from sloshing up to the vent, especially when the tank is full.
I've been experimenting with that method but thought that was an interesting point to share.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE