View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce View Post
Yes, that's why I'm getting a gauge on it. I also need to run a datalog, but I'm a bit fearful of doing so incase something more major is occurring. I did notice last week that the system was struggling to maintain AFR at idle for a couple minutes. It would hunt to mid 15's where it's usually rock steady around 14.3. It cleared up after though. This could be a symptom that I was overlooking.
You probably won't want to try and duplicate it with a fuel pressure gauge installed either but if you do data log while you're at it. It'll provide more clues.

In the mean time if you have a laptop for tuning you could download the current tune and have a look at the learn table. If it's crazy high in the wot throttle areas like I mentioned that's a good indicator you have a fuel delivery problem and the unit is trying to cover it. That's one nice thing about these units is the safety they provide for things like that. Keeps you from totally destroying the engine at wot.

Not sure if you have changed your compensation limits in your tune but they are typically set at 50 percent which is a ton of fuel.

I usually turn them down to 10 percent or less in cruise and idle areas but the wot area I leave at least 25 percent just for situations like that.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE