View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest T-37 View Post
I thought about that too. But I didn't want to assume that they didn't know what I meant. At least with a GT-37 there's an option package. Though, I'd assume these cars don't pop up for PHS anywhere near as often as GTOs do.
Immediately thought the same, as ones not going to run across a production '70 1/2 GT-37 built before the very end of April. Over the decades, out in yards, I've pulled parts off quite a few washed out original paint 70 Tempests and several late built T-37's. nearly all of the 70 T-37s had its faded out black and white T-37 decals on the fenders, and upon cking the cowl tag, were late Spring (April and May body builds) with a few June builds thrown. Not scientific, just recollection, but I have been writing down body build dates, body build numbers, trim numbers, pertinent info, and VIN on these for a very very long time.

On the seatbelt tangent, just threw that out, i might be off base. Need to double check what std content was for seatbelts on a '70 Tempest vs a '70 1/2 T-37. If deletion of the passenger side seatbelt retractor was part of the content revision for the late 70 season T-37's (like it was for '71's) then your car's build being mid March '70, would point to it being a Tempest, not a T-37.