View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 01:40 PM

After a month of delays (life happens) I was finally able to play with the '64 this afternoon. I ran it @ idle in my shop, started with the radiator cap off. Water was a touch over the fins inside and stagnant until somewhere around 160 then it started moving around a bit, then a few minutes later it was flowing pretty good. Put the cap back on and let it run and seemed to stabilize around 180. That was pretty satisfying to see. Total idle time was about 20 minutes.

I then took it out for about a 20 minute drive, not horsing around much just 40-60 mph driving and it ran pretty steady around 190, climbed to 195 at a long light, then back to 190 when I got moving. Ambient air temp was mid to high 80s. All that said, I feel pretty good about the temp now. I'm going to assume everything is OK and that I don't need to mess around with the other suggestions, but will be sure to keep an eye on that gauge. The more I get used to seeing where the temp (and other gauges) are at on a normal basis, the better off I'll be. Thanks for the help.