View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Electronic controlled transmissions are not new, GM has had them since 1991. Anyway, I talked about the T400, not electronically controlled, and easily able to handle a 500 HP Pontiac with just a few modifications. I do believe the OP was originally concerned about breaking transmissions, and asked for input. I offered input based on my own past experiences. After looking at the pictures I don't think it's a weekend street driver.

From the pictures posted, the OP looks to have a dedicated race car, if he has gone to the trouble of building a race car he might want to win races, not go out and have "fun" shifting gears with a 4 speed...............

Not too many people on this board have driven closed course cars as 99% have drag cars and the race section is almost entirely devoted to drag racing. If that's what floats yer boat, that's fine. I myself like other forms of racing, and have participated in them as well.

If the OP was dead set on a stick car, then he can disregard my comments. I didn't get the idea from asking for input, that there was no consideration of any other transmission, but then I have no idea of his criteria, for his car.

I have a tendency to not follow the crowd, and work/look outside of the box. Innovative ideas win races, not following what everyone else is doing. A friend of mine that raced circle track for many years put it in perspective.

Quote:
If I painted the wheels on my race car purple one week, and went out and won the feature race, next week half the cars in the pits would have purple wheels.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated