View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am doing real good after 8 weeks. The amount of time it takes you to recover and return to work will depend on the type of work you do. I could of returned to work a month ago if I was doing an office type job, but being a heavy duty truck driver I can not return to work for another 4-6 weeks. I feel I could return to work, but my DR and the company DR says no. My DR did say I healed faster than 95% of his patients did. I stopped using my crutches pretty quick after surgery, but I kept them close because my leg muscles did not fatigue like normal. Instead of fatiguing the muscles would knot up and not work properly which made walking near impossible.

Like Mick said I do not have any joint pain anymore, but there is a lot of trauma to the muscles after the DR manipulates them to put the prosthesis in. I have now been going to the gym for the past 3 weeks, but still do real light weights for my legs and have to watch how much cardio I do or I am gimped up for a couple of days.

Good luck and the best advice I can give you is to follow DR's orders and to start taking a stool softener a week or so before you surgery as the pain pills will clog you up.