View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm at 8-1/2 weeks since the operation, and have previously reported that I seem to be coming along a little slower than others having the operation. Even so, at week seven, I stored away the cane and haven't used it since. I still have a limp, but I'm walking better each day - and getting to the point where most of the time I don't even think about the hip now. Two days ago I helped my son replace a header gasket on the GTO, and spent yesterday working on a friends car doing the initial engine break-in. By the end of the day I was gimping some, but still managed to hop in the car and make the GTO club meeting. Today I washed up the GTO getting ready for the Dr. George show in Palm Springs this Saturday. I'm driving around with no problems, and can even drive the little SUV with a manual trans - worried about that somewhat, but no problem. Still can't sit too long in the office chair, but getting up and walking around every 10 minutes seems to keep the leg muscles from stiffening up.

I should mention that the hip joint is a non-issue. It's the leg muscles that are still tender, but they are getting stronger by the day.