View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm still running a distant second in recovery, but every day I do see improvement.The recliner was my best friend after finding out that regular chairs (and especially the office contour chair) killed me after a minute or two of sitting. I used the recliner as a base of operations during the day between walking around the house, and at night I slept on the day bed for the first three weeks. Sometimes they supply you with a foam wedge that keeps you situated properly. I didn't have the foam wedge and still didn't have a problem. I think it was during week two that I carefully managed to roll over on the good hip with a big pillow between my knees to keep the heeling hip at the proper angle. I still have to change positions pretty regular while sleeping to keep comfortable. Only thing I had go wrong was after getting back in my normal bed. First couple of nights went without a problem, then the wife rolled over on my leg with the replacement and it really stretched something out of whack. An X-ray showed that the hip was fine and it just messed up the soft tissue. That was a little over a week ago, and I'd say that it put me back about a week. Still sore, but coming along. I'm going to a car show about 60 miles away on Saturday, and I'm sure I could drive there at this point - but will let my buddy drive so I can squirm around in the seat if necessary without changing lanes and scaring the hell out of my passengers. My recovery from shoulder rotator cup surgery was blazingly fast, and I was hoping this recovery would be as quick. But I'm only at exactly 5 weeks today, and I can hobble around pretty good without a walker or cane despite the stretched muscle. Guess I'm just impatient.