View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 03:02 PM
Suspended

I thought the iron liner had a series of holes in it and was pressed in while the aluminum side of the drum was still warm. The iron liner was then heated just enough to melt some of the aluminum and have it fall into the holes. Once cool the liner was held in place buy the aluminum that filled the liner holes... Rodger was working on some kind of Epoxy that worked better. Rodger was having issues with the machine shop that was doing the relining. When he first started relining drums they worked perfectly for many years, the Epoxy was a success..

Best place to get 8 lugs is from Frank, trouble is which Frank is going to answer the phone..lol.. He has a big stash of 8 lug drums that lived out in the dry desert all there lives, no corrosion..

Rodger was also a wiz on the Super Hydra matic 315 transmission. He gave me the circuits to change springs in so my Super Hydra-matic would hold second and third till 5800 rpm.. I had this transmission behind a 462 and wow what a perfect street set up. Trouble was the motor had a 041 cam. There was good reason why John De Loran hated that cam.. lol..

Larry, its good to see you on here. I remember you from a long time ago when Smoke Signals was just starting. Flakey editior was putting out an excellent monthly magazine.. I miss those days. I always wanted to put a Super Hydro behind a 71 or 72 455 068 cam in a 69 or 70 Grand Prix..

I am so glad your picking up the 8 lug ball... They are so beautiful!. Im afraid I skinned too many knuckles over the years on them...

Last edited by 389; 08-31-2021 at 03:20 PM.