View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 08:45 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Phoenix View Post
In that case you are correct, not serious at that level or about running on the salt. Not sure at what speed things get serious but this car was never intended to have tons of aero or be a purpose built land speed car. As you know, that’s an entirely different ballgame. More a restomod that could do more than look cool and burn tires. Too many folks build pretty with all the internal goods and never run them. We wanted to do both and be safe at the same time all while staying true to the cars Pontiac roots. Still pushing a brick through the air but it sure puts a smile on your face. No LS engines in my cars!

You guys have a cool forum and seem like die hard Pontiac guys. I like that. Have to stick together as we are fewer and farther between than the Ford and Chevy nuts!
I have no issues with anything you posted 69Phoenix, to each his own, but 200 on a airstrip is good but not great aero.

Honestly I was, for sure scared, when I was in that CHP Mustang doing over 140 mph with the whole car shell acting like it was going to come apart or the tires were going to blow. A 140 mph speed on the 5 mile Ford Romeo Proving Ground "Oval" in a Ford GT sports car is no big deal, as that speed is 60 mph below its design capabilities. 140 mph in a CHP Mustang was scary.

It has to do with what the vehicle is designed to do. Eric and Mike have run 250 mph in the quarter mile. Old School Funny Car.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.