View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:50 PM
Boost Engineer

[QUOTE=Sirrotica;6351728]E.J. Potter, I haven't heard that name in a long time. He was a wild man. I grew up with a friend that was into motorcycles, that is how I was aware of who he was. 8 stack injected 327 chevy mounted in a motorcycle frame with a dragster slick on he rear........

Dubbed the Michigan Madman, he earned that name, no one gave it to him.....LOL If i remember correctly, I think he used a kick stand at one time, and got the rear wheel spinning and knocked it off the kickstand, maybe NHRA stopped him from doing that for safety reasons. I never heard about the electric dragster, that's new to me.

Over the field as they were running pace laps before the races from above the cars. Now I know that that they can't run above the cars as the wind off of 24 racecars with a 5x5 wing on it would flip the drone over, but I was amazed at how long they were able to continuously film with the drone. I have no idea what kind of drone it was, but it could remain aloft for a really long time. There is my amazement of battery power, and life, in a compact lightweight aircraft.

Electric vehicles have their place, but that place probably won't be in my driveway, not a huge fan because of the down time to charge, and the limited range.

The example I gave of following speed week, and camping at the track, would be impossible for me to do with a current electric car, or truck. I'll drive my old and decrepit cars, and trucks until they take away my license, or I can't afford fuel. All the proponents for E vehicles never take into account that 85 to 90% of the electric generated in this country is from fossil fuels. Plus, this comes from Elon Musk, the power grid we currently have, would take 30 years to bring it up to standards to support everyone driving E cars. Common sense says we can't afford it, and the electric infrastructure can't support it.

You should take a drive up into the "Thumb" of Michigan some time and see the thousands of Edison Wind Electric Generators there. All of the poor farmers sold their land lease rights to the Edison Company and there are massive numbers of kilowatts being generated. Average daily wind speed is 15 mph. 30 years is no big deal, I spent 40 years converting people and cars/trucks to Boosted engines.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.