View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Boost Engineer

For many years, I never looked at the Spec Cards that closely because the information I was after was for the 1964 Tri-Power System I had. I checked the carbs on the 1965 GTO but did not look closely at the calibrations.

On that page, the people at Rochester Products used a Black "Magic Marker" to cover over the typed statement at the top of the page. I looked at all the documents today and see that the other sheets clearly state:
"THIS SPECIFICATION CARD IS RESTRICTED TO RPD PERSONAL ONLY"
I found a "Cover Letter" from the same people addressed to me, dated March 5, 1985, that gives ME access to the information for use in restoring the 1965 Tri-Power GTO in the Henry Ford Museum. It does not, obviously, say that I am allowed to pass on this same information to others, even 35 years later.

So thinks Jon for getting me to look much closer at the info they sent me.

Looks to me though that the 389 carbs for all 3 years had similar calibrations for ALL of the 49 state vehicles of a given trans type.
The California Vehicles has a very small difference in some cases and that was on UNIQUE Carb Part Number units built with the California required components.

Same trend applies for all of the 421 engines but did not see any 421 California Tri-Power Carb Sheets.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.