View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 09:28 PM
Senior Chief

Time for an update. About a month ago, I contacted FITECH customer service and they were pretty impressive. We spent probably 20 minutes on the phone having me check several things with a multi meter. They came to the conclusion that the ECU was bad. I sent it back.

After a week, they were still waiting on ECU's. All said it took about 3 weeks maybe more to ship it out and get it back.

In the interim, I ordered a Command set up for my new to me 71 Lemans. Given that it was taking a while for the repair, I took the throttle body out of the new set and put on my sons car to get him running. Fired right up and been running great since. Better idle and mileage with no changes other than the new throttle body.

The repaired throttle body arrived today and I got it installed on the Lemans. The "new" throttle body has an updated wiring harness. All of the fuses and relays are in a box slightly smaller than a baseball. It mounts nicely and seemed to simplify the wiring.

Once I got the idle screws adjusted it fired right up. It took a little bit for it to get the idle right but seems to have settled in. Vacuum is up 3 in HG from the carb and it idles much smoother. I haven't made any changes to the tune after I set the initial set up. So far so good.

The complete set had pretty much everything I needed. I had to use some braided line and fittings left over from my son's install to build the line from the mechanical pump to the sump. Everything else was included in the kit. The new sump is much nicer than the original FCC. I used the backing plate for a pattern and mounted it to the core support with some end link bushings between the bracket and firewall. Nice tight install and should soak up any vibrations.

All in all I can't find any reason to complain about FITECH. Everything is slow now a days so 3-4 weeks wasn't the end of the world.