View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This always gets emotional with people. I would say price wise the GV is a waste at that power level.

I would think a bone stock used 4l80e would work with no building necessary at that power level. They have gone up in price, but I still see them in running condition for like ~400 here and there. They nickel and dime you from there. Controller, driveshaft, adapter plate etc. Its not a cheap swap. If it was cheap I would have already done it myself.

Im still not sure I agree that a built 200 would be cheaper than a used 4l80 and its required components. Getting a transmission built is expensive. Plus once you get a 4l80e in there even if you waste it you can just go get another bullet from the junkyard for a few hundred bucks. You torpedo your built 200 unit and it hits for the initial cost all over again.

There are valid reasons to use the 200R4. Its easier to bolt in, you already have it, doesnt need the expensive controller. All valid. Also not going to argue with that said above that some have been proven to last once built. All that said, the 4l80 is better transmission. It just is. There is no argument.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports