View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to adam woodmancy

I do have dyno sheets, I will get them posted up. He eheads are first gens that I got back in like 2014 from Mike Leech. They are std port, with 2.12/1.65 valves. I’ll post the glue sheet when I post the dyno sheet. The balancer that broke was a stock one that was apart of the 69 400 shortblock that I was running.. my own fault for using it, it was always one of those “ I’ll do it next time things”., well I finally did.

Chris D
30 over 557
1970 N crank
Stock rods, speed pro flat tops with arp hardware
248/255 hydraulic roller
340 Edelbrock heads
Edelbrock victor intake
750 ken jones carburetor
1” open spacer
1-7/8 - 3” A-body headers
It was happiest with timing at 35*

As far as the 557 goes, when the 69 block cracked, I had the the rods and pistons, and at the time I had saved up money for an aluminum block, and I was thinking, “ I’ll find a block cheap that will work with my old stuff, I had a spare 1970 N crank that just needed turned, I’ll reuse everything, throw bearings in it and I’ll have a spare shortblock laying around that could get me by in a pinch for $1000-$1200 and I’ll have to wait on the aluminum block and extra couple months, no big deal. That was stupid of me because I know damn well nothing goes as planned., and it started to snowball. I should’ve just walked away, been out a grand and started over but I kept telling myself, well, it’ll be fine now and then the next issue would pop up. Before I knew it I was too much $$$ in it to not see it through and by the time it all got wrapped up, there is no aluminum block money. �� So I’m going to have to live with it, and keep my fingers crossed. I have a 40 over 70 block that needs everything including caps. I’m going to start saving up to get that built up and hopefully put the #62 heads and the RA IV cam in the 557 motor hopefully to use in a cruiser with a clutch pedal some day. We shall see.

Quarter-Max Chassis and Racing Components

Last edited by adam woodmancy; 07-11-2021 at 05:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adam woodmancy For This Useful Post: