View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenth View Post
Did you pull the wiring from coil before measuring?
2.6 on coil only makes weaker sparks on plugs, than the correct 1.8-2.0 Ohms.
Any markings on coil?
By the time a person is measuring onsie-twosie ohms, the resistance in the leads of the meter can make a big difference in the displayed results.

Most folks won't check the lead resistance. My meter leads are pretty consistent at 0.2 ohms. Crappy or damaged leads can be higher-resistance, or even variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy View Post
I put the old points in, but left new condenser, and all of a sudden car idles just fine... ...Is it possible that a failed condenser was my issue?
Yes.

Quote:
Why wouldn't the Accel points get the car running?
Defective? Installed wrong? "Protective coating" on the contacts not allowing current flow?

Quote:
I did disconnect the fuel inlet (after car was sitting for about 1 hr) and no fuel spilled out. Might I still have a fuel-pump issue.
Maybe. Do you have a "Vapor Return" on the pump, connected to the tank? The fuel pumps with "vapor return" won't retain pressure.

Quote:
Is the fuel bowl supposed to remain full of fuel, even after you shut car off?
Until the fuel evaporates out of the carb float bowl.

Quote:
Is the in-line filter (before the carb) supposed to only allow fuel to flow one way?
No. Some in-carb fuel filters have a cheap plastic check valve ("safety valve" or "rollover valve") that prevents reverse flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
If the pump is failing and allows backflow, the siphon could empty the fuel bowl when you turn the engine off.
Not really. Everything from the needle 'n' seat "could" flow back to the level of the gas tank, leaving an empty fuel tube from pump to carb. But the seat assembly acts as a "standpipe", what's in the bowl can't climb up the seat to flow out the imperfect seal on the needle.

Quote:
Did you test your fuel pressure? We've had a couple pumps get eaten up by that piss-gas they are selling nowadays. They would pump fuel, but only generate about 1.5-2psi. Enough to idle and low-speed cruise but not enough to drive aggressively.
I don't know why "piss-gas" would affect pressure. Outright failure, I understand. But I don't know everything.

Quote:
Sounds like the condenser was definitely one of the problems.
Yes, and I like that you infer that it's "ONE OF the problemS". There's clearly more than one.

Last edited by Schurkey; 10-01-2021 at 03:17 PM.