View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bringing this thread back from the dead as it seems I have finally gotten to the bottom of which dealer 17-079 actually was. Perhaps the info will help others.

In requesting a reproduction window sticker from Mike Noun, he was able to say with 99% certainty that dealer 17-079 is a secondary location for Colonial Pontiac, in Miami, FL. Mike does not have 17-079 in his dealer database (nobody does), but he knows my car went to Florida and the dealer name started with the letters "Co". As the discussion swirled around 079 possibly being a secondary lot for Coggin Pontiac (Jacksonville), Courtesy Pontiac (Longwood), or Colonial Pontiac (Miami), it became evident that dealer 079 was indeed a secondary location of Colonial (080) in Miami for one very specific reason: The destination charge on my billing history.

Mike has an original window sticker for a 1966 GTO delivered to Packer Pontiac in Miami. The destination charge for transport of that GTO from the Pontiac, MI assembly plant to Packer Pontiac in Miami matches the amount on my billing history to the penny. Since Mike knows my car went to a dealer in Florida with a name that starts with "Co", and the destination charge on my billing invoice matches exactly what Pontiac charged for transport to Miami, and there was a dealer in Miami named Colonial Pontiac, dealer 17-079 has to be a secondary location for Colonial Pontiac (080). Dealer 079 couldn't be a secondary location for Coggin or Courtesy because the destination charge would be different. The only scenario that would call this reasoning into question would be if there was a second Pontiac dealer located in Miami with a name that also started with "Co", but that is highly unlikely.

So there ya have it. 17-079 is a secondary location for Colonial Pontiac in Miami. I'd love to get some period photographs of the dealer, but haven' been able to find anything yet.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 01-19-2022 at 05:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeGermanHam For This Useful Post: