View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 10:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think the car was repainted a non factory color in the 80’s. I bought it from the original owner and he said his dad had it painted in the late 80’s and he hated the color. It was originally Expresso Brown.

I contacted the guy I bought it from yesterday and asked him if he wanted to come drive it and he was very excited. I mean he got this car when he turned 16 in 1969; he has had this car for most of his life.

I had another thread but I couldn’t find it. Short version is a friends wife sent me this listing off a local neighborhood classified ad. Turns out it’s a one owner car from TX (5 miles from my house) and has never been further north than Austin.

Car was very solid, and very ugly. All original (except paint) with documentation for every oil change, tire rotation or spark plug back to day one. The owner felt it needed a full restoration and didn’t want to get into it.

This is what it looked like when I got it- looked like house paint. Lots of buffing, tires, new gas tank, a couple oil changes later it’s a fun survivor car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	39602FF0-395B-47C5-ADE1-1DDC5736BDD3.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	594474  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post: