Thread: T-top question
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am pretty sure they are Cars n Concepts. I know a tiny bit about these but not enough to know if a lock was available. I think that is something that may have been added. Looks like it is drilled into the plastic cover. In the day it was not uncommon to have the tops stolen off of these cars. If these were mine I would eliminate the lock and fill the hole. Mine have a small sticker in the front outboard corner of the driver top that has the CnC logo. In the second picture it looks like you have one as well. Again parts are from scrap only, no way to get anything anywhere else. Hopefully the seals are good on yours.
Is there a sticker on the door jamb that says something to effect of 'this car has been modified by cars n concepts'?

I have done a bit of research on Cars and Concepts which is ongoing. Pontiac shipped the car to the Detroit area where CnC had a factory doing the roof conversions. They were then shipped to the dealers. I have confirmation from a reputable engineer that worked there, as well as have seen his personal pictures. Some say they were installed locally by the 'sunroof doctor' type of outfits but from what I have found I strongly disagree. Cars n Concepts was started and owned by Dick Chrysler who at one time vice president of Hurst. C n C bought Hurst.