View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 01:24 PM
Suspended

[QUOTE=Dragncar;6261834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueghoast View Post

What was the flow of the 2 heads ? Did yours have that little lip inside the intake port ? Seems like some have it and some don't. How big a valve can you fit in the SM head
E head will take a 2.25 and a High Port will take a 2.30".
Iron heads can take a 2.19" valves and set class records. What is your point? Oh, you are in the "Bigger is Better" group of thinkers. Bet you drive that big sky high 4-wheel drive pickup and intimidate the drivers on the road because you have that small peni........... I digress.

You are one of those guys who baffles people with BS rather than dazzle them with brilliance. Most unfamiliar with Pontiacs, or any engine build, or the beginner who simply likes GTO's, might be swallowing your BS and taking your side ONLY because they don't have the knowledge/experience/info on the best way to build a strong HP/TQ engine whether it be street or race. But what those in the know who know about building an engine, Pontiac or otherwise, understand that a winning/solid engine is more about part matching and not singling out or focusing on 1 piece and forgetting about the others. So what, if a set of heads flow 400CFM's but then you have an intake that flows 240CFM, or you have a .700" lift roller cam and stock resized cast iron rods. Then there is matching all this to the drivetrain and planting to the pavement. It is not about the biggest budget, best selected parts on the market, and slapping it together........it is about selecting parts that work together so you don't have a turd of an engine.

Buy a set of SM heads and YOU tell us - then you can answer all these question and more and have facts in hand and not assumptions. Then once you have answered these questions, do some R&D and install them with YOUR assumed best parts build with matching cam and let's see how they perform. It would be a small investment on your behalf to know the truth an then you will really have a leg to stand on IF they really suck. I'll watch and follow your 12-part YouTube video.

I looked on YouTube hoping to find your All-American killer drag car and was disappointed. Would like you to point me to your car in action and your posted 1/4 mile times on the winners billboard? It may be up there, and used your screen name to do the search, but maybe you go by another screen name on YouTube?