View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do these "engineering master" carbs look like they are spray painted Gold and missing chokes and stuff? NOPE ( the ones he has for you to drive, vs "collect" )
today's "Gold cad" ( Cadmium is super corrosive and harmful) look on any carb in last 40 years is made with
Sodium Bichromate, which comes from Russia. I used to buy it directly from a guy in Novosibirsk, Russia ( Siberia) who sold left over Russian supplies of it.
Small amounts you see of it for sale now are all Imported from that area, or were.
I will not comment on this guys carbs or numbers, but they are NOT any test mules with a paint job.
PS A Few rebuilt AC carbs we saw at the dealership, AND carbs I saw under warranty had NO Stamping on them.( stickers) The pad was blank so they used a new bowl area. Why? Screw damage.
This was true for open face alternators too for like 1 year, and we had some on the shelf 8 years later ( just the front, yeah imagine that)