View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
It is an 81 TA turbo. I removed all the turbo wiring 3 years ago, labeled things and removed things I was not using. At that point everything was a OK except the clock. Since then the car has been indoors climate controlled. I do have a schematic. The fact that the turn signal flashes the fasten seat belt light tells me at least one ground is bad. I just dont know where the ground is. Is there a screw in the firewall? Multiple issues have been squared away on the outside by cleaning overspray from ground locations and in light sockets. I really appriciate yu gys trying to help!
Should be a ground from the pass side head to the firewall, braided copper wire. Big thick gauge wire from lower driver side trans to block bolt then to the floor. Thick wire from battery to head.

Inside should be ground wire in the harnes to driver/pass side bottom metal frame of dash. Also gauge cluster housing should have the metal strap between headlight switch screw to upper left housing screw. Tach has no ground wire, just power wire from fuse block terminal and other wire to tach on distributor.

Besides those ground locations, check all body light sockets/wires for good clean connections, I had a front parking light issue on one car that was the ground wire where it internally connected to the "strap" in the socket the light bulb touches, once that was cleaned & verified good connections it fixed the problem.

Clean all ground connection points of paint/rust, verify the other ground wires/straps are good & clean verify all light bulb sockets are good... & light bulbs, the little lead connection point on older bulbs can go flat and not make good connections. When a turn signal bulb/socket/wire is bad, the other side will usually blink faster to let you know theres a problem.

Wiring can be fun... good luck!