View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 10:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
Welcome to the forum Roger, thanks for posting your pics are great, I envy the lighting it helps allot. Great work on that box by your wife, that kind of thing helps.

The 55 looks awesome, looking forward to the 69 outshining that, you really did find a diamond in the rough, seems every owner of that car probably had a garage.

Good luck with the build, if you need any Pontiac specific help your at the right place. As you've seen, plenty of interested, helpful and knowledgeable people here.

One other thing, I see you're not keeping it stock, nothing wrong with that it's your car. I don't mind the day 2 look under the hood, but inside I love the look of original.

Enjoy,
Frank
Thanks Frank. I am going to need some help. Mostly with the engine. I am not familiar with Pontiac engines and I will need help with the assembly. When I cataloged all the parts, I had no idea what some of them are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will slow gto View Post
Wow, your 69 vert is such a great project! Hardly any rust where the dash metal meets the cowl. Good luck, will be looking forward to seeing the progress on this car.
Here's a little inspiration, but that 55 of yours clearly shows you don't need any: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...o/2421721.html
Thanks for that link! I downloaded the photos for files. Sweet car and I'll take all the inspiration I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians View Post
That is one great project Roger and a great color combination. Congratulations.

Goes to appreciate the south west. Projects in Ohio usually look as though Captain Nemo brought it up. (older people will get that )

Please post as you work on it. Love the restoration threads and think they are the most helpful to others here.
Thanks Brian!
If you looked closely at the fenders and quarter wheel openings you can see I have rust issues there. The fenders will need patch panels. The quarter wheel openings are going to need new metal too. But I was prepared for this as I saw the evidence before I purchased it.

Actually this car did spend some of it's life in the east. Originally in PA then went to Ohio before landing in AZ. I'm sure it was the life in the east that led to the rust in the fenders and quarters. I do think it was garaged and taken care of while there because the floors and frame look really good.
The car also has some things that it's life in Arizona helped with. The windshield frame is as good or better than any old car I've worked on. I've peeled off more of the old convertible top and the frame looks darn near perfect.