Thread: Engine Removal
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 11:53 PM

Definitely like the idea of the wood/pipe cross member to hold the front of the trans up. Then no matter what the car remains mobile. On a front side pull I had always just put a jack under the trans. Of course I’ve got the block of wood to slide under the left co trip arm so I can can have the left front wheel off during the pull. I’m investing in a two ton folding picker and a two ton stand. Tired of renting and the HF 1500 lbs stand I have here is a joke. Has to have two angle iron front legs under the engine to keep it from turning a flip. Forget about rotating a complete assembly. Which I’d like to do. Yank it. Flip it. Gasket it. Reinstall. Go inside and wait for Spring. Guess we will need to check jib/boom height before we begin. And , I’ve got my old 6Xs here to hold her down. Say a pray and give her another whirl. Just my luck getting to pull the motor on a just finished car. Too high strung to let it be. Lastly I’d rather risk a fender and inner wheel that can be hammered, dollied, repaired or re-pop replaced than risk smashing the one year only, not re-popped core support and header panel. That header is some fragile glass. As always I appreciate you folks and all you have to offer. The life and times of a Pontiac enthusiast can be a pretty lonely place. Not many of us left. Thank God y’all are in here! I’ll keep y’all posted. Now, somebody make me feel good about that BOP two piece seal! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk