View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Jonny, The switch has been nailed down to late June early July of the 70 model year ...
Thanks for the correction.

I had been keeping track of details like this one from here and the CP message board before I frequented here;
As you may have noticed, to my own detriment (because it seems you have been correcting me a fair amount lately) I don't necessarily reference my own notes but instead rely on recollections when replying off the cuff to posts like the one 'Bird collector' made.

I could have sworn that in the past there had been mention of some early 1971 cars that had these, but I digress, that my 'angle' of recollection was based on what was correct too my (06A) car - with the model year change over happening not too long after my car was built.
From my experience, our search function doesn't always work that well. There have been examples this past year where I am searching for a thread to re-read a post that I am certain of having read, and I am finding that I have to be quite persistent because it can take hours (or days) to find it.

I'd have a hard time being convinced of that March example being original - This would have been a scant two months after initial production started - with thousands of cars being built with the early door jambs afterwards.

But none of that matters, because this is a "parts wanted" thread, and seeing as my car was built before the changeover, I am still hoping to find a complete door jamb, rather than have to splice in my salvaged section.

As to the shipping comment, I do have state-side family that can accept parts for me;
I have a second cousin in Oregon who has about two years' worth of parts awaiting to be picked up... as you might be able to imagine, I am itching to drive down and get them - and when the border was closed about a year and a half ago, I made a point of trying to send everything to myself (I'd estimate that 80% of the stuff at his place was ordered before the border closure).
I have found that more often than not if something is being mailed from the midwest, shipping to Oregon versus shipping to Alberta is a near indiscernible difference - especially if USPS is used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344s.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	572699  

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)