View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckies76ta View Post
Another thing worth mentioning is use Ford type F fluid. Different manufacturers make it.
https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/CAS0175842
My trans builder told me to not use type F anymore. He says it can cause hot spots on the clutch discs.
A good transmission builder will show you any damage in a trans also show you or detail the mods made. I just had a th 350 rebuilt for my car and he didn't blink an eye when I told him how much power my car makes and how much it weighs. All he said was "Them Pontiacs make torque..what gear"? 308's for years..into the 10's ..I told him 373's now ..he said your trans will say thank you for years. .He went over his mods and parts with me..explained the benefits on the new part- synthetic trans fluid that doesn't break down..told me to bring the trans back in 2 years even if it feels good to check out..Meanwhile smoking a big fat cigar all the time..
These guys are worth the extra cash just for their experience and time..35 years experience plus he is a drag racer..its worth extra just for his time and his hands on the trans.

But for the do it self guys..go for it..it is just a learning curve , especially with a tough th400 and not a baby th350 like mine.

466 Mike Voycey shortblock, 310cfm SD KRE heads, SD "OF 2.0 cam", torker 2
373 gears 3200 Continental Convertor
best et 10.679/127.5/1.533 60ft
308 gears best et 10.76/125.64/1.5471
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ta man For This Useful Post: