View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
I have not been able to find what im looking for on a data tag search, and going thru my phs paper work for the recent 1971 t37 i received from PHS, so i come to the experts.
I purchased a 1971 lemans convertible yesterday. it is badged a lemans sport, but has no gills, but has been repainted. I see what i think is silver underneath some of the maroon/red repaint.
has the nice interior and console automatic with 350/350 i believe it to be a sport.
but what color was it? i dont see a reference that helps me figure it out.
Car has been off the road since the 90s. I hope to do some mechanical and just drive it a bit, before i decide to part ways or go thru it. I have been looking for a rag top and this is about as nice as i have seen without spending $30k
pics coming in next post thanks as always!
some mods done during the last repaint. I notice it's got "Lemans and sport" badge incorrectly on the driver's fender and the right side of the car is correct with the badge and emblem on the rear quarter. Both sides should be on the rear quarters for 71. 72 didn't use "sport" emblems on the body and a plain non T-41 72 Lemans fender would have the Lemans emblem on the fender there and not in the quarter. I'd guess that they used a 72 Lemans fender on the left side and added the "sport" emblem under it, but then on the right side, deleted the emblem holes because it was already on the rear quarter. And deleted the rear quarter emblem holes on the left side? That's an interesting choice on the non-symmetry. both of those fenders should have the shark gilles for 71. just some strange stuff there including the body moldings. those aren't original Pontiac body moldings. Something aftermarket, but they're pretty straight if they were stick on stuff - how are they attached?