View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 09:35 PM
Senior Chief

Getting ready for the dyno session next month at Westech. Today I pressure checked the fuel rails and wired up the injector harnesses. Packages pretty nice under the blower. The setup on the right is tested and ready for mounting to the engine, the one on the left is not pressure tested yet.

The dual sync distributor can operate as a traditional distributor with plug wires coming off the cap, or as a coil on plug system with a separate coil for each cylinder.

For the dyno session I set this one up for coil on plug, you can see the dummy cap on the distributor. We get cam and crank signal from this only, spark comes from a bank of 8 coils. I run a similar system on my '65 GTO, and I hid the coils on that car which really cleans things up as you can't see them.

On this setup, you can just see the red caps for the fuel line connections, and the fuel injector harness tails coming out around the distributor.

Tom S. lent me a set of dyno headers w/2" primaries, I had an O2 bung welded in each primary tube so we can use the 8 channel lamba monitor at Westech. We can then tune for individual cylinder fuel trim, and with 8 coils, individual spark trim- if needed.

1969 GTO 467, Edelbrock 325 CFM, Terminator EFI
1969 Firebird Convertible
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darbikrash For This Useful Post: