View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSGTO View Post
What’s your guys opinions on running restricted pushrods on a street app? I have a set of Crower SR lifters I want to run on a HR cam and have never run the restricted rods but a lot of people do. What are the pluses and minuses of using them on the street.
The Edelbrock heads have poorer oil drain back than stock heads so in my thinking having less go up top isn’t necessarily a bad thing, or is it?
With your drain back, I know when I got my heads from Butler they cleaned up the drain holes and ground little "pathways" to help with oil flow. I run a solid roller on the street, just normal 3/8" pushrods that aren't restricted. I think the smallest orifice is the hole in the rocker arm (Crower SS) so figured that it's an unneeded deal for me. No issues with sucking the pan dry, oil pressure or drain back here. I went with the theory that oil up in the top is better to cool the springs in a street deal and run a Canton trap door sump, around 6-7qt from memory with a home prepped 60psi pump.