Thread: Ames Service
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 09:35 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
I will preface by saying I love Ames, and their products. I hardly even look elsewhere when part shopping. However, I recently placed an order on Dec 14. I placed another order with a generic parts company at the same time. I got an email from the other company within half an hour saying 'thank you your order has been processed thingy! Later that evening I got another email saying 'your order has been shipped'. In all fairness it said it was supposed to be delivered on dec 17 but I tracking says it has been delayed. On dec 15 Ames said my order was received and as of this morning I have heard nothing about it being shipped etc. I am in no hurry but according to the catalog I am in the 3 day shipping window. That is fine if the order is processed promptly, however this seems to by typical for me when ordering from Ames. It usually takes about a week. Just my thoughts.
TAKerry, it seems there might be an email issue. If you received confirmation that the order was placed on 12/15, it would've been shipped either that day or Friday as long as the items were in stock and there was no underlying issue (payment, shipping address, etc.). Sometimes the UPS or USPS server may not function properly as far as the initial tracking email is concerned, these emails tend to go in the junk/spam folder quite often as well. If no shipment confirmation is provided promptly, please feel free to give us a call and we can get you updates as well as the tracking information. Can you provide the order number?

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames