View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My first car was a 70 Chevelle SS and I was hurrying to get it ready for a big car show. I multitasked quick vacuum, changed oil and filter, quick detail (back then the hot ticket using was lemon pledge lol).
Anyway start the car and then remembered I needed things from in the house. So I shut car off (ran maybe 20 seconds) got what I needed and as I came out of the house I saw a river of oil running down the driveway (a new cement paver driveway my mom had recently had put in). I forgot to put the new filter on . Fearing mom would have my azz I screwed on the filter, topped off the oil and parked car in the street leaving a nice oil tire mark the length of the driveway. Luckily it was a one car driveway so I put the spilled oil to use (luckily mostly new clean oil) and on my hands and knees spread it with some shop rags and used more fresh oil to blend it into the other pavers.
I was wondering what was waiting for me as I returned home but nobody noticed it.
My moms 92 now. I think it may be safe to own up to it now. Maybe..