View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Couple of people in Texas run Air to Air Vortech supercharger systems and have to make sure that the inter-cooler does not starve the Radiator for air on hot days.
In your case, Washington state, you probably could get by with an inch of clearance between the two units. Air to Air actually works much better on a long distance sprint (like the silver state deal) where the water to air inter-cooler would continue to get hotter and hotter each mile vs the exchange rate of the heat exchanger.

Tom Vaught
Thanks for the help Tom. I am thinking of trying to package the inter-cooler on the grill side of the core support. If I am able to do that I should have about 2 1/2" of clearance. I am in ND right now and just planning, but can not make any firm plans till I get back home and do some measurements.

The good news is I got a new killer job back home and can stop working in the oil fields. I just have to wait for all the paperwork and background checks to finalize as well as my physical results to come back. Finally for once in my life I will have a job that I am not working 60 plus hours every week.