View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
If your going to use an intercooler why not get all you can get out of it - I run 8 gal. of ice water in the reserve tank - starting with mostly ice and turn it all into luke warm water after one pass at 19-22 lb of boost, intake air temp at start of run is 55 degrees and at end is 70 to 80 -- there is a lot of power in that cooler air. and it provides a larger tuning window and easier on parts. Just my suggestion.

I can't disagree with any of that, but he is talking about a mostly street car with a S475 and a good flowing set of heads.
Really depends on how hard he pushes the car, for me it will be nice to not affect the cooling on my Firebird with a air/air intercooler, no water tank to package or plumb, no cost for the large pump and lines to move enough water in 9 seconds to matter. Still get to keep my passenger seat.
My S475 setup and a blowthru isn't going to need to much help at 15 psi so I just throw my idea out there. I plan to add a large bung and some extra volume to the water side tank on my intercooler and throw some ice right inside the intercooler.
$80 for a e-bay intercooler shipped plus $30 for a bung fits my budget, thankfully my son can do the tig welding for me.
I will report the results of the partly ice filled intercooler on my Triumph when I get them.

The Following User Says Thank You to v869tr6 For This Useful Post: