View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 04:09 AM

WoW you do have a lot of Mods done to your Bird. That gear venders always was something i thought was really cool. I also like the Heim joint sway bar connectors

No doubt All T/A fans owe a lot to Herb Adams , I do know he was the Special Projects Lead engineer.
There would be No T/A, No Ram Air, No Shaker, and No Super Duty 455 without him.

I also Know back in the Day Dick Guldstrand and Herb Adams took different approaches to making a car handle without body sway.
My understanding was Guldstrand was a fan of much higher spring rates with smaller diameter sway bars.

Herb preferred Huge sway bars and lighter springs.

Herb's cars I bet rode better overall and especially on rough roads and cornered flat also. My car has the shortened Guldstrand high rate thick front springs Cut as described by Kern and a standard size front sway bar for its day I would describe my cars front suspension as firm even after 40 years and that is with the Konis replaced with less stiff shocks.

H-O also produced that great Kit for the A body cars IIRC called the Strong Arm suspension that used the second gen spindles and other Tweaks to improve handling. That Info would be neat to add to this sticky
You have jogged my memory again

Kern also told me that he was working on and had engineered several upgrades (handling upgrades) for the G Body cars and this was In addition to running Tower Manufacturing full time. Don't know what became of those mods whether they were considered H-O or maybe sold as Tower?

67 White/Gold GTO 4 speed sold, 1968 GTO 4 speed sold, 1969 GTO auto sold, 68 Firebird 400 4 speed (455) sold, 65 GTO Night Watch Blue 4 speed sold, 64 GTO Nocturne Blue 4 speed sold, 71 GTO Gold auto sold. 1975 Formula 400 auto sold.
Hopefully to be restored, H-"O" Racing 73 Trans Am SD 4 speed,
Sons 70 Formula 400 auto, and wife's 1974 AMX 360 auto, 1975 Jeep Honcho 4x4, 1965 Buick Special post
The Following User Says Thank You to 455dan For This Useful Post: