View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looked @ subject BAT '70 pics. As we both noticed, has embossed insert fake comfortweave in the upper door panels, agree those gotta be repro's, the upper panels look too nice. most likely, the same with the seat covers.

In looking @ boxed original Bright Blue '70 Upper door panels I pulled decades ago, they are REAL Comfortweave. I only kept those uppers, IF NEEDED, to salvage the comfortweave inserts out of, as the upper vinyl near the chrome strip is in poor condition. Examining the '71 Esprit Black upper door panels, they are also REAL Comfortweave.

Original DLX BIRD seat covers.... found the boxed '71 Black Seat covers that I removed years ago. I was mistaken, they are originally embossed (fake comfort weave). The inserts are very close in appearance to the embossed fake comfort weave on the seats if the BAT '70 T/A. Still looking for the used '70 Sandalwood F-body covers. The last pair of Bright Blue '70 Bird buckets that I sold, I can't vouch for the inserts, been too long, do remember the original inserts had already had the funky greenish color shift to them.