View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 01:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Diesel or kerosene is a great solvent. Pour a gallon in it, and wait a few days. I work on school buses. I have a small pump up sprayer I use to decrease spots on engines that get slimed, works great!!!

I have seen first hand how usedotor oil can coagulate in an oil pan or in large truck oil drain pan. The oil pan has a perforated top (with dime sized holes in it)for the oil to drain into. The shop where I used to work, used this one and only drain pan with a pump in it to evacuate it.

The pan stopped functioning one day, so I took the top off and hand dipped the waste oil out, until nearly empty.

There were clumps of coagulation oil in the bottom of the pan as big as charcoal briquettes, and larger!!!

I know how important oil changes are. It sure made an impression on me. Being diesel engine oil likely made the situation worse.

I have seen negative things concerning crankcase flushes. Diesel or kerosene is all I'd use. You may want to do it more than once, wouldn't cost that much. Even with current high cost of diesel!!!

I was wondering about which make of engine, also!¡

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post: