View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have not been able to just drop the hammer from a dead stop because my builder, quick performance, and American Powertrain all told me to go easy the first 500/1000 miles. I have romped it from a roll a little but I have never just put it in first and dropped the hammer. I have passed those mileage milestones a while back and I changed all my fluids front to rear, greased everything, made sure all ujoint bolts etc were tight and went to a stretch of deserted highway. Did a few rolls like I have been with a little power shifting and that noise is getting better. Decided to just stab it from a dead stop and everytime I did it it just fell over and died. If I roll throttle on it will smoke the **** out of them thru 1-2-3 but just a dead stop mat gives me nothing. Honestly I have never had a double pumper. I have always had vacuum secondaries to mask crap like this but I am determined to learn. I would rather not watch a bunch of Youtube videos and end up screwing up my car trying every shade trees method. I just hope someone can point me in the right direction. As far as the belt squeal I got it worked out by using a belt the local NAPA old timer recommended. Stopped it cold