Thread: No more 10w-40
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
I think that 'the champ's last post suggested the additive wasn't required if the correct synthetic was used to begin with.

I have understood in the past that synthetics like tighter tolerances;
Maybe that's pure bunk, but that's what I've heard.

I have also seen synthetic blends that are labelled for "higher mileage" engines... maybe that's worth looking into as well.
From what I could see the levels were not the same in all viscosities and many were in the 800 range which I think is too low. That's why I asked about just getting the viscosity you want/need and then using an additive.

The Lucas Oil additive is labeled as a break-in additive but they say you should also use it with any oil at every oil change. One could see why they would want that. They probably want you to shave with it too.

Anyway, there are all sorts of things going on right now but there is really a fairly high demand for these products (I think) and when there is demand, someone usually responds. Now, if it gets legislated out of existence that's another thing but it seems like what the manufactures' do to get around stuff like that is to label the product for "off road use only".

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share