View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
What all suspension mods???

Have you made any passes at the Motorplex yet?
I used to make the trek there at least once a year.
I don't have the desire to go to all the races I used to attend. The Pontiac Southern Nats, sometimes raced at the Motorplex. I wish those days would return!!

I like your thinking on holding e.t.'s to a desired time.
Tom and Sharon Wilhites Pontiacs both run 10's easily (the red 58 and white 59, I'm sure you know of tem). Tom's white 59 has a 540 with 2 of those large single throttle bodies on a tunnel ram, Sharon's is a 505, similar combo.
Tom likes the idea of being a little easy on his engines and chassis. It also saves a lot on safety equipment and extra mods if he ran quicker.

I like that blue color, what a sleeper!!!
Jeff
Thanks Jeff. The suspension consists of Cal-tracs with Landrum leaf springs, factory WS-6 springs up front. Carrera drag shocks in the front and Comp Engineering in the back.

I wish those DAPA Nationals would make a come back. I haven't raced at the Motorplex yet but met Steve C's friend that races the Pontiac powered Fairmont there last April at a private track rental. He was crew chief'ing for a fast Fox body Mustang. We also met up with Jim Robertson at Extreme Dragstrip shortly before Norwalk to watch his Bad Fast TA make a couple of passes and show case his 96 d-ports making more than 800 HP NA. I always enjoy watching Tom and Sharon race. They are good at what they do. One has to stay on a realistic budget to survive this hobby and enjoy it.