View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm glad that BG even went to this extreme in this case. I have one of these intakes the customer brought for his build to my shop. I think I see the issue with the second bolt hole back on the drivers side. Too tight a fit to install a factory type bolt & draw snug properly.
** First off I would try the smaller headed 12 point S.S. ARP bolts. I tried one and not an issue & looks that a SS bolt with washer will fit. Maybe he has the later intake design?
The customer didn't have the carbs so is this going to be an issue I need to address before I attempt to mount it on the engine?

The intake is untouched so if there is any issues Feel free to contact me and I will send it back, if that's Ok with BG to make corrections or exchange it?

Thanks for your on line efforts and responses. Better then some businesses out there (and people & they know who they are ) when issues develop and never even have courtesy to help their customers, replace said product or respond to readers.

So if anyone else is going to not do business because they had an issue that was at least attempted to resolve with a return and even come on line to help. Then also apply that same ideal to said vendors that don't offer any support of said product or response. Wink, wink.

Look at the fit issues with the Edelbrock Victor. I don't see those sales dropping. Hurricane intake, flexplates, Perfromer rpm, and the list goes on. Some of this is a given with me in the aftermarket business as it's not a stock rebuild and taken with a grin of salt. Ya gotta do what ya got to do. I've even had issues with factory parts but still love and race my Pontiacs. LOL.

Like RW said. two sides and have heard both. The banter can go on for ever as to who said what. Pics will tell the story.

Let me know what ya want me to do? PM e-mail or call 352-796-8800, Thanks, Ken.other

Last edited by PONTIAC DUDE; 01-04-2008 at 10:38 AM.