Thread: Manual Brakes
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 07:14 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
Dmorg1, glad you asked about the instructions. its been awhile since my install, I followed all the instructions exactly on the pushrod install, cutting it etc. however I did put a new proportioning valve on and did not bleed the mc and p-valve together as the instructions show. i'm going to do that. gonna take a couple post for all the pics and some not to good, measured pedal height, no carpet in my car yet and was not sure of angle you were interested in.

anyhoot, interesting beings by my age figured i knew all there is to know about a brake system. always something to learn.

(being a retired aircraft flight inspector, safety is beyond fanatical with me. that pushrod has zero chance of coming out believe me. )

Judge3,

Thanks for taking the time to post up the aftermarket instructions. I now see how they are arriving at the pushrod length and clearance for various applications.

I was curious about the pedal height possibly being too high or too low but now that I see the pushrod must be cut to suit the application the pedal height will end up being very close to the factory spec.

Wakesupremo,

Disregard my previous posts on pushrod adjustment as that procedure will only work with the factory style pushrod and retainer.

I believe that if you follow the instructions that Judge 3 posted you will be able to get the pushrod adjusted correctly.

If you find that deep hole MC is actually bad after fitting the pushrod as per the aftermarket instructions ("the issue is still the pedal return") you can always swap back to the shallow hole MC but the factory style pushrod and retainer must be used.

Dave

79 Firebird