View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Senior Chief

What the!?

Well ok, I know that many people view me and my car thing just like that. And yes, I do it for me and don't expect others to see.

But let me say this; one starts as a car enthusiast, and this often grows into other things. First you know some stuff about cars, then you know some stuff about tools, then some more about cars, then some about welding, then some about engines, then motors, then bearings, then machining, then materials, then fuel injection, then electronics, then CNc machines with stepper motors and ball screws. Then Math and cad, and it just goes on and on.

Then one day, because, for what ever reason(work clothes to dirty for home machine), you go to the laundry mat. There you see an industrial machine, and you notice things like all stainless construction, the size of the drum and imagine the drive system, you see the lines feeding it, you notice how the front loading agitates more, and must be more difficult to seal. You notice the faster spin cycle, the lower water requirements. In the end, you take some of the knowledge of or love of cars, and apply it to this washing machine.

You see, that guy who wrote that - sure he's a car enthusiast, but he's not sick in the mind with it like you and I.