Thread: '71 GTO
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast GTO View Post
This is first car (and definitely the last) that I bought without sending an inspector or flying direct to see the car for myself. Although the car is solid and mostly all there, there were a few surprises that I would have negotiated the price down for. The most expensive will be the repaint of the front fenders, nose, valence and hood. Paint is beautifully finished BUT the poor quality prep work has created paint lifting/ bubbles that I cannot tolerate. None of the photos or the description of the car indicates any of these areas of concern.
My fault for not inspecting/ seeing for myself.
Thanks for sharing. I bought 2 cars without seeing them myself or having an inspector take a look. Certainly a leap of faith. They turned out OK for me. When I bought my '62 SS 409 located in Alabama, it was much more money and I hired an inspector to take a look. Their office was in Montgomery, Alabama, and I liked their website. Many good testimonials. Fee was $250.00. They did their inspection and sent me a written report along with 104 pics. Had the car delivered to me in NY and it was as described. I put it on my lift and went over it myself. It was very nice underneath due to undercoating and that Southern weather. Checked out the interior and the radio didn't work nor did the ww. How could you have missed this?? So simple. It's right there. So, the moral of the story is, go see the car yourself. No one is going to be more critical then you.

The '71 GTO mentioned in these threads, has been removed from its ebay auction. Don't know why. The listing wasn't due to expire until this Saturday. I was still high bidder. Oh well. Might be an omen, Carmine.