View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Just confused?

You brought it up? No interest? .
Don't like color? Don't like price?

Like I said before, good luck with search...

Yes, dealers are dreamers of suckers with stupid money. If thats the point. I agree.
Correct. I did bring it up. I've looked at dozens and dozens and dozens of GTO's. Every once in a while, one might pique my interest and I mention it here hoping to get a candid opinion/assessment of the car. I can live with their critique. Afterall, I did ask and I sincerely appreciate everyone's time and effort. I have owned 3 in the past, but I'm sure many here have forgotten more then I'll ever know. So, I rely very much on what is said in an attempt to establish a baseline of what a car or cars might be worth based on what is provided by the seller and viewed by members.
I'm not in love with this particular car, but I do like it. The color is ok but I don't think the black vinyl top is a compliment at all. Crazy as it sounds, I like the stripes. It's attraction to me is that it's gives the appearance of being completely restored from top to bottom. If I liked the car even more and did make an offer, I'm thinking maybe $26-$27,000.00 tops. I do believe it might be a moot point. They were asking $37,000.00 and refused $28,000.00. As I mentioned previously, I've seen other nice ones and they were asking $30,000.00. But that was asking price. Who knows what they might settle for. Nothing has really jumped out at me yet. I enjoy looking so I'll stay with it for now.
Yes, dealers are dreamers who do think they can ask for and get what they want for a vehicle. In some cases, that may very well be true. But, we also reserve the right to decline and find something else, Carmine.