View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 03:35 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
DA rods woln't care too much about the hanger used due to the diameter and taper of the upper section plug long tips.

Going to CL rods is a HUGE change. Probably best to try smaller changes to see if it's going in the right direction.

The best way to do that sort of tuning is to use machined rods with the same tip length and included angle leading to the tips. I can machine a few sets if you want to do some track testing to see what it likes at that altitude........
Thanks Cliff! I was reviewing the chart at https://www.carburetion.com/rodshang.asp and saw the leanest was CL (.0667) and was wondering if that may be overkill.

I'd like to take you up on your offer to machine some new rods for testing. According to the chart, I see the two rods in-between are:

CK .0527
AY .0567

Would you machine these diameters or other diameters? You can send me a PM to let me know the associated cost and I can PayPal you. Thank you!

* RA-IV 'spec' 400 (.060-over = 410ci), balanced, Comp Cams #9794041, #16 heads (72cc converted to large valve) with 1.65 Harland Sharp Rollers
* QuadraJet #7042210, HEI, Hurst V-Gate, FlowTech Headers, X-Pipe with dumps, Flowmasters, TH-350, 3.90 Posi
* Best ET: 14.06 - Bandimere Speedway, CO. @ 5,800+'