View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairnacho View Post
I was told that 1970 Firebird Ram Air manifolds had three bolt flange installation versions the gto had 4. I was unaware that it is one year only. I'll post some pics but I did learn that in cold areas the right side cracks easy so when hunting a set its difficult to find a pair....
Ignacio, you were told wrong. im betting from your numerous posts, good chance too much ingestion of bunk "tech" & overpriced ads on Fakebook Pontiac sites & eBay... Can relay as a certainty, '70 RA3 GTO & F-body's were equipped with the exact same 70 casting number RA manifolds.

To shine light on more prev off in the weeds comments...
- '68 & 69 GTO D-port RA manifolds have 5 bolt holes for mtg to the cyl head.
- '70 GTO/ Firebird RA3 manifolds had 3 holes on each side to mount to 70 model #12 casting cyl heads.
- Believe there is a slight difference in the shape of the top of the rear port of the drivers side '70 ex manifold. Will compare to originals I have.
- the only HO/RA manifold I've run across with 4 mounting holes to the cyl head was an old reproduction. At least one side (I can't remember which) from one of the Classics brand GTO Dport RA manifolds. Again, ordered those sets many many years ago, & not for one of my own Pontiacs, just remember thinking it odd, as the Classics line of GTO D-port RA manifolds look fairly close to original 68 & 69 HO/RA manifolds