View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 12:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would agree the better results are from the increased flow of the larger t-stat opening.

And as far as water temps running within a few degrees of the t-stat rating or not, whether or a hot or cold day, I'll say that if you could envision an enormous (like 10 ft x 10 ft) and super efficient radiator, it would run within a few degrees of the t-stat rating in Phoenix on a 114 deg day. I know that is not practical, but you get the point. Just like the case on a 10 deg winter day with unlimited supply of cold air, with almost unlimited cooling capacity of this uber radiator it should be no different in the heat of summer.

Vehicles are designed with limitations and have to be practical and reasonable so there is some trade off. But the goal is to regulate temps that are maintained within bounds. Mine were solved with an Optima core radiator and electric helper fan inside the shroud, along with the clutch fan and careful attention to details. Even in 99 deg Alabama heat, with the A.C. on temps were almost always within 5 or 6 deg and never more than 10 deg of the t-stat (180).

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk