View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Edelbrock Victor Water Pump

This is kind of a preemptive question and soliciting first hand experience. My car will be back on the road tomorrow hopefully and I plan to drive it a lot. When it went down 10 days ago it wasnt running hot but in stop and go traffic it was getting up to about 200 degrees in 75-80 degree weather. Now we are in the good old South Carolina 85-90 degree weather. I never really sat long enough to see if it went much higher than that but just in case I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Victor water pump? I have done all the tricks. I have the fan half in and half out of the shroud that has had as much of the air gaps as I could seal done with AC foam. I am running the proper ratio of coolant, my water pump plate is clearanced (although not by me, it was done by my machinist whom I trust)I have a cold case radiator although I only had the Tempest radiator shroud so I do not have the bigger radiator. I did order the HO radiator they sell that has the inlet on the drivers side and is supposed to be more efficient. As most of you know this is a driver and although I dont live in metro Atlanta and hope I wont ever be stuck in traffic for hours I still dont want to have to worry everytime there is a Clemson game and it takes me 30 minutes to go 5 miles. So long story short does the Victor really make a difference. What I read the people that have them swear they made a difference but they also list a bunch of other mods so....