View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Less is more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
Well archoil is supposed to help clean out sludge and has boron to provide more lubrication for less metal to metal friction. If it can clean sludge and provide less friction then theoretically it could improve lubrication hence higher oil pressure.
I don't believe any of these "mechanic in a can" miracles actually work as well as they say. My 4.0 Jeep has 257,000 miles on it. When I first got it opening up the filter revealed black particles in it and a very dark element. I did a few 1000 mile oil and filter changes. Now the filter is not as dark but no more particles. If you buy the oil/filters in bulk it will be cost effective. Putting in cleaners and additives may just worsen the problem by clogging up the oil sump. I had a 455 Buick on my test stand a few years ago that the oil PSI would go down when RPM increased. It made no sense to me. I pulled the oil pan an found the sump covered in red fibers from when someone must have wiped down the inside of the engine with a red rag.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge